Soups, all green veggies and any foods with a high water content count as high-volume, low-calorie foods that will help to stay longer satiated. Add protein to your big pot soup to eat all week following the big weekend feast.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. of green been or peas & spinach
- low-sodium chicken broth
- leftover shredded turkey, or other protein
- Freshly Chopped Parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat.
- Add onion, carrots, bell pepper, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth, and greens and bring to a boil. Simmer beens and peas until is tender, 10 minutes.
- Stir in leftover turkey or chicken and parsley until warmed through and serve immediately with crispy bacon.