Steak and bacon make an irresistible pair. Our easy recipe for bacon wrapped beef tenderloin steaks will be your new favorite dinner.
- 4 Grass-Fed Filet Mignon Steaks, about 8oz each
- 4 slices Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the perimeter of each steak and secure with butcher’s twine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat. Add just enough oil to coat bottom of pan. Sear steaks until browned, about 2 minutes each side including the bacon wrapped edge. Transfer pan to oven and bake until steaks reach desired temperature, about 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- Move steaks to a cutting board and top each with your favorite low fat sauce or simply with lemon juice/olive oil. Rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.