Two foods every football party needs more of : Buffalo sauce + cauliflower.
This recipe for spicy Buffalo cauliflower bites is a great vegetarian alternative to Buffalo wings. Roasted cauliflower stands in for chicken and provides more fiber and fewer calories. Serve this easy appetizer with carrot sticks, celery and your favorite low-fat ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- 8 cups 1½-inch cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss cauliflower, oil and salt in a large bowl. Spread on the prepared baking sheet; reserve the bowl. Roast the cauliflower until it’s starting to soften and brown on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine hot sauce, butter and lemon juice in the large bowl. Add the roasted cauliflower and toss to coat. Return the cauliflower to the baking sheet and continue roasting until hot, about 5 minutes more.
- Serving size: ¾ cup
- Per serving: 80 calories; 4 g fat(2 g sat); 3 g fiber; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 5mg cholesterol; 3 g sugars; 169 IU vitamin A; 70 mg vitamin C; 33 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 288 mg sodium; 439 mg potassium
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (117% daily value)