makes 2 servings
- 3-4 very large leaves lettuce (Romaine, Butter, Red leaf, or Bibb lettuce)
- 5 slices nitrate-free roasted chicken, or turkey breast (I used really thin slices, use only 2-3 slices if they’re thicker, about 4-5 ounces total)
- 1/2 a small avocado thinly sliced
- 1 thin slice of cheese, cut in half (optional)
- 1 or 2 slices cooked nitrate free bacon, sliced in half
- 3 thin slices of Roma tomato
For your Ranch Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain or non fat Greek yogurt (low calories 70-60)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste about an 1/8 teaspoon each
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbsps finely chopped chives
- First, make the homemade ranch sauce. Add all the ranch ingredients to a very small glass bowl, then whisk until well combined. Set.
- Next, let’s assemble your lettuce roll-ups. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper on a cutting board.
- Layer the lettuce leaves as shown. Top lettuce with turkey breast, ranch, avocado, cheese, bacon, and tomato.
- Start rolling it tight from one end. As you get to the end, roll it again with the parchment paper so it holds together and tighten up the end.
- Slice the wrap through the parchment paper in half.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!