Crock Pot Corned Beef recipes (the Serotonin-Plus dietary plan: Phase one)
- 2 lbs lean corned beef brisket, all fat trimmed off
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 tsp whole peppercorns
- In a 5-6 qt crock pot, place brisket, carrots, parsnips, pearl onions, parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns and 3 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours.
- Add cabbage, cook on high 1 hour 20 minutes more.
- Remove meat, slice and serve with cauliflower puree. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 3 oz brisket & veggies
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 294.5 calories
- Total Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Sodium: 960mg
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 18g