This creamy quiche brings all that to the table and more, for shockingly few calories.
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, avocado oil, unrefined coconut oil, to grease your dish
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon, cooked crisp and roughly crumbled
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 Tablespoon dry mustard power
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, almond milk, cashew milk, or grass-fed cows milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- 2 big handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions/green onions
- 1/2 cup white cheddar, shredded
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and lightly grease a pie dish with oil and set aside.
2. Roughly chop your spinach and scallions.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs together with mustard powder, and a good pinch of sea salt & pepper; until fluffy and well combined.
4. Gently fold in the milk, yogurt, spinach and scallions.
5. Pour your mixture into your prepared dish.
6. Crumble the bacon over top.
7. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes, just until quiche is light golden and set in the center.
8. Serve hot or cold – it’s great both ways!