Quick Egg & Avocado Salad
- 2 hardboiled eggs peeled, chopped
- 1/2 avocado peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 Tbsp yogurt light, regular, or vegan
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Serve on a slice of wholegrain bread, if desired.
Nutrition Facts: 200 kcal, Total FatSaturated Fat: 15g5g, Cholesterol: 230mg,
Sodium: 240 mg, Total CarbDietary Fiber: 11g7g
Grilled Eggplant “Steaks”
- 1-2 eggplants (about 1 1/2 lbs total) trimmed and sliced crosswise 1/2″
- 3 Tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper.
Hamburger rolls plus your favorite toppings!Instructions
- Preheat char-grill to medium
- Toss sliced eggplant with oil, salt, and pepper to coat.
- Grill eggplant until tender, 3 to 4 minutes on each side
- Serve on hamburger rolls with your favorite toppings!
Calories: 100 kcal, Total FatSaturated Fat: 7g1g, Cholesterol: 0mg,
Sodium: 70mg, Total CarbDietary Fiber: 9g3g, Protein 1g
Turkey Spinach Meatballs
- 12 ounces fresh white or cremini mushrooms cleaned, trimmed and cut into quarters
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 medium eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked spinach well drained
- 1/2 cup Japanese-style bread crumbs (panko)
- 2 teaspoon garlic peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat convection oven to 350 F.
- In food processor, place mushrooms. Process until finely minced.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan(s) coated with cooking spray, place mushrooms
- and onion in single layer. Coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until mushrooms are browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.
- Reduce convection oven to 300 F.
- In mixer bowl, combine mushroom mixture and remaining ingredients. Mix on low speed until well combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overmix.
- On parchment-lined sheet pan(s), using medium-sized scoop (look for #30 or scoop that portions ~2 Tbsp) portion meatballs 1″ apart.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 165 F, 16 to 18 minutes. Drain.
Makes 24 meatballs. Serving size is 3 meatballs.
Serve as your entrée with your favorite grain and veggies – or with a favorite Greek yogurt dip.
Nutrition Facts: 140kcal , Total Fat: 6g, Cholesterol: 55mg,
Sodium: 210 mg, Total CarbDietary Fiber: 7g1g, Protein: 15g