This cinnamon ginger tea can be used hot or cold. It can seat in a fridge during the cold weather seasons. One, because it’s full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent sickness and heal you when you are sick and help keep you healthy, hydrated, and even helps with weight loss; and two, it smells like apple pie and tastes amazing.
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Peel of 1 washed lemon
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced into coins
- 16 cups (3.8 L) cold water
- Honey, to taste
- Add the cinnamon sticks, lemon peel, and ginger slices to a large heavy bottom pot filled with the cold water. Bring to a boil and boil for 20 minutes.
- Bring heat down to low and let simmer for up to 2 hours or until ready to serve. You can serve it immediately after boiling for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with honey, or chill in a carafe or pitcher. Keep in the fridge for up to one week. It can be served hot or cold.
- Use Ceylon cinnamon (I know the brand Badia has it) as Cassia cinnamon can make you sick with large doses.
- You can drink this day or night, hot or cold.