This could be a great idea for your breakfast and can be used for a healthier “dessert” that’ll trick your brain into thinking you’re satisfying your sugar craving when you’re really just packing in more healthy, good-for-you-food: yogurt, grapefruit, chia seeds, almonds, and naturally sweetened honey.
For just 100 calories, this broiled grapefruit makes an amazing healthy dessert! It packs in Vitamins A and C, and topping it with an optional dollop of greek yogurt helps add protein and calcium to the dish.
For Broiled Grapefruit:
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Optional for Topping:
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt (can use coconut milk yogurt if vegan)
- Slice grapefruit in half and place on a baking sheet, cut side up. If grapefruit halves do not sit flat, slice a little off the bottom so that it will.
- Turn broiler to high.
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon the mixture onto the grapefruit halves.
- Place on a top rack in the oven so that it is relatively close (but not touching) the broiler flame/coils. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the sugars have just caramelized on top of each grapefruit.
- Top each with plain greek yogurt (optional but I love the taste of it), grab a spoon, and dig in!
Nutrition per serving : 104 calories, 0 g fat, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 6 g protein, Vitamin A: 28%, Vitamin C: 64%, Calcium: 10%, Iron: 1%