Summer time can be filled with all kinds of fun activities we look forward to all year long, but the one thing we all look forward to most is the beach rental where we can cook our own healthy meal.
Here are 10 ways to stay on a healthy eating plan while on vacationand still enjoy yourself!
- Resist the Urge to Splurge. …
- Have It Your Way. …
- Enjoy the Scenery and Enjoy the Healthy Food. …
- Walking Is Your Secret Weapon. ..
- Better Choices on the Menu. …
- Hide the Mini-Bar Key. …
- Water Is Your Friend.
- Just say “no.” If your family is anything like mine, food is equated with love, and some families have a whole lot of love to give. …
- Visit the local grocery store. …
- Eatbreakfast in. …
- Pack snacks. …
- Avoid an ‘all or nothing’ mentality. …
- Prepare a picnic. …
- Focus on protein and veggies. …
- Mindful eating.
Lately when we are not eating frozen desserts you will find yourself eating everything grilled. It makes eating so much easier and more fun too.
Here is a
Lemon Chicken Skewers Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded English cucumber, you can also dice the cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat KEFIR
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic, 1 teaspoon if you like it extra garlicy
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients then add in the cubed chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate the chicken for 45 minutes to 3 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat.
- Thread the chicken onto metal or wooden skewers, be sure to soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes.
- Oil the grates of the grill or grill pan and place the skewers on them.
- Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes then flip it over and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the ingredients except the cucumber and whisk together.
- Stir in the cucumber and refrigerate until ready to serve.
(CALORIES: 218 TOTAL; FAT: 5 g; FIBER:1g; PROTEIN: 40g)