Let’s talk about tofu. It’s used as a vegetarian-friendly alternative in sauteed and stir-fried dishes. However, making a more time-consuming meal isn’t always an option. Fortunately, it’s possible to get an affordable, healthy, and protein-rich dish on the table in a flash with minimal effort. All that’s needed is tofu and these tips on how to cook tofu in an Air Fryer.
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup fresh oregano
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4–5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Pinch red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tofu in half down the middle width-wise.
- Cut 2-inch-wide chunks, and place onto wooden skewers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a large zip-lock bag and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the parsley, oregano, cilantro, the two types of vinegar, garlic, shallot, poultry seasoning and chili flakes until well chopped. Here is your sauce for marinating the tofu.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while pulsing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour ¾ of the marinating sauce into the bag with the tofu and set in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Reserve the rest of the sauce for dipping on the side.
- Over medium-high heat, oil a grill pan thoroughly. Once hot, place the tofu skewers on the grill, and char on all sides. Serve with the remaining sauce.