These salty-sweet treats make for awesome low-fat, lunch box-friendly snacking. Make a batch with the kids this weekend to enjoy throughout the week.
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 cups salt- and oil-free popped popcorn (such as SmartPop)
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Step 1: Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, allowing paper to extend over edges of pan; coat paper with cooking spray.
- Step 2: Combine marshmallows, butter, and salt in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook mixture until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in popcorn. Transfer mixture to pan, pressing with parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- Step 3: Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over popcorn mixture. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Lift mixture from pan, and cut into 12 bars.
Per Serving (12) : 121 calories; fat 2.4g; saturated fat 1.2g; mono fat 0.3g; poly fat 0.2g; protein 1g; carbohydrates 26g; fiber 1g; cholesterol 3mg; sodium 40mg; calcium 1mg.