This mask is not meant to replace surgical face masks, but when you must go out, something to cover yourself is better than nothing, and at the very least, it will remind you to not touch your face.
How to make a No-Sew Pleated Face Mask with Handkerchief and Hair Tie
– Handkerchief (A regular cotton handkerchief of 18″ x 18″ is used in this tutorial.)
– 2 hair ties
1. Place the handkerchief face down.
2. Fold the top to the center.
3. Fold the bottom to the center.
4. Flip over.
5. Fold the top to the center.
6. Fold the bottom to the center.
7. Flip over.
8. Thread the ends of the handkerchief through the hair ties.
9. Fold the sides of the handkerchief.
10. Flip over. You have a pleated face mask!
Wash the mask after each use & you’ll always have a clean mask.