Here’s our quick guide to making smart choices when you’re stuck eating a fast food dinner…
Quick Fast Food Guide
Let’s face it, there will always be those nights when cooking is simply out of the question. Here’s our quick guide to making smart choices when you’re stuck eating a fast food dinner…
- Choose Grilled: Many fast food restaurants serve grilled chicken – choose this as often as you can.
- Ditch the Bun: If a sandwich or burger is the only option then lighten it up by asking to have it lettuce wrapped or simply ditching half (or all) of the bun.
- Dressing on the Side: Salads are a great choice, but don’t ever let the restaurant drench it in dressing. Get the dressing on the side and simply dip a little bit to taste. Also avoid croutons or any other high-calories add-ons.
- Skip the Fries: Most fast food places now carry more side options than just fries. Avoid all of the fried sides and stick with steamed vegetables or fruit.
- Don’t drink Calories: Just because you’re eating out doesn’t give you license to drink a few hundred calories. Stick with water or unsweetened iced tea to easily avoid unnecessary sugar and calories.