This yummy and colorful Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup has unti-inflammatory ingridients and will boost your mood! Our Serotonin busting soup that’s absolutely bursting with fresh, warming flavours and smell!
- 3 Carrots
- 1 White Onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch Piece of Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 2 inch Piece of fresh Turmeric finely grated
- 4 cups (950ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Canned Coconut Milk or Non-fat kefir (for topping)
- Black Sesame Seeds (for topping)
- Dice the onion and carrot into small chunks (no need to be precise as everything will be blended at the end), and grate the ginger and turmeric finely.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in the bottom of a large stock pot and saute the onion for 3 minutes until translucent, then add the minced garlic, turmeric and ginger and saute for another 1 minute.
- Next, add the diced carrot and saute for another 2 minutes. Then add the vegetable stock and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the carrot is cooked through and soft.
- Use a stick blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth, or transfer into a standing blender and blend. Stir in the lemon juice, then serve with a swirl of non-fat kefir or coconut milk and some black sesame seeds.