With the SP Phase Two diatery plan you can have your skinny gelato and eat it too! This recipe has less than 150 calories per serving!
- 2/3 cup pog suggar substitute sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup low callories juice (I use Ocean Spray Diet juice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp light butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 3 Tbsp granola (I used Special K low-fat granola
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, diet juice, salt and egg yolks. Stir constantly with a whisk for about 6 minutes until mixture is thick; remove from heat.
- Add butter and lemon zest and continue to stir until butter is melted. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge until cooled completely.
- Once chilled, spoon 2 tablespoons of gelato into 8 small cups (or 2 large dishes if so desired), followed by a layer of blueberries and raspberries. Repeat these layers and top with granola, berries and a tiny sprig of mint. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 small cup • Calories: 148 • Fat: 5 g • Carbs: 24.4 g • Fiber: 2.1 g • Protein: 2.7 g