- Stay Hydrated – Drinking a sufficient amount of water helps maintain a healthy metabolism, aids in digestion, and helps control hunger.
- Eat smaller meals – Proportioning your meals, and eating several smaller meals throughout the day can help maintain your energy level and boost your metabolism.
- Grilled or Baked options – Choosing healthier methods of preparing your food, avoid consuming extra calories and fat.
Get enough protein as the Serotonin-Plus Weight Control program offers. Even if you’re a vegetarian, you can still get enough protein, like tofu, eggs and vegetables.
Here’s a good recipe that you can do at your home: Grilled Chicken with Salad or vegetables.
- Green leaf salad / vegetables and chicken:
1/2 cup steam vegetbales
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 18 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Dressing and assembly:
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. agave nectar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves with tender stems
- 12 cups baby greens (such as kale, spinach, or arugula)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 Persian cucumbers, cut into 1″ pieces (about 2 cups)
- 2 avocado, cut into 3/4″ pieces
- 1 1/3 cups crumbled feta or tofu