It’s hard to find a dinner recipe that’s as healthy as this one: white fish and veggies, steamed in a parchment parcel with fresh herbs, lemon and white wine. You’d also be hard pressed to find a white fish recipe that is this easy to make.
Here’s what you need
- ½ cup red onion, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchstick
- 1 carrots, cut into matchstick
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (6 oz.) halibut fillets, or other white fish
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced into half moons
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ cup white wine
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss the thinly sliced onion, zucchini and carrot with the olive oil and minced garlic.
- Cut four 12-by-16-inch pieces of parchment paper and fold each in half. Open the parchment paper and arrange each fillet in the center of the top half of each parchment. Generously season with salt and pepper. Top each fillet with one quarter of the veggies, 2 slices of lemon, two sprigs of thyme and 1 Tablespoon of white wine.
- Fold the bottom half of the parchment paper over the fish. Start folding and crimping the parchment paper ends together from one end all the way around the fish to the other end, creating a sealed envelope. Fold the end under the fish. The fish and veggies should be fully encased, with no breaks in the parchment paper for steam to escape – we need that steam as part of the cooking process! Place the packets on a pan.
- Bake the fish packets for 12 to 18 minutes and remove from the oven. Serve the packets on plates, tearing them open just before serving. Enjoy!
231 calories, 4g fat, 8g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 166mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 36g protein.