Healthy Breakfast or Side Dish for Dinner and Lunch.
Serving size: 4
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 bunches of aspsragus, trimmed
- 4 organic free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, plus extra as needed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of baby capers, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, toasted
- Cook the asparagus in boiling salted water until tender but still slightly crisp, about one minute, then drain. Plunge in cold water to stop the asparagus from cooking further, and then set aside.
- To prepare the eggs, bring a pot filled with water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add the whole eggs with shells to the pot. Cook for five minutes (for soft-boiled), or adjust the cooking time to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon and then peel off the shells.
- Warm a frying pan over medium heat, gently heat the oil and then add the garlic and cook until it starts to brown, about one minute. Add the asparagus, capers, salt and pepper, then cook, tossing the pan until the asparagus turns slightly golden all over, for about 30 seconds.
To serve, divide the asparagus among four serving plates and spoon over the caper dressing from the pan. Cut the eggs in half and top the asparagus with the egg halves. Garnish with pine nuts and finish with freshly cracked black pepper to serve. You may sprinkle with your favorite cheese on the top of the dish.