A hearty plant-forward stew made with cubes of squash and black bean. Welcome to add any meat or fish as an additional protein option.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion trimmed and diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground chipotle pepper or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock low sodium
- 1 1/3 cup canned tomatoes diced in juice
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled, seeded, diced 1/2″
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper seeded, diced 1/4”
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- In stockpot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, chipotle and black pepper. Saute until onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable stock. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
|Nutrition Facts: Servings – 4; Calories-155 kcal; Total Fat – 4.5 g; Total Carb – 19 g; |
Dietary Fiber -6g; Sugars -5g; Protein – 6g.