This is a delicious and easy soup to make when you want something light and tasty and full of zucchi-ness.
Note: This soup will freeze easily and will store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- 3 large zucchinis (courgette), chopped roughly
- 1 cup leafy greens (i.e. chard, spinach or kale), torn up (optional)
- 2 cups (500 ml) vegetable broth
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and prepare, chop and slice vegetables.
- Heat oil in large pot and sauté over a low to medium heat until the onion and garlic are translucent.
- Add in the zucchini and leafy greens; stir for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and season to taste and bring to a boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once cooked, use a stick blender and blend the soup to form a smoother texture or pour into a blender and blend smooth or leave chunky.
Calories: 60; Fat: 3.5g; Trans Fat: 0.5g; Sodium: 70mg; Carbohydrates: 5g; Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 1g
- Onion – leeks, scallions, spring or brown onion
- Zucchini – golden zucchini, broccoli, peas