The easiest tastiest Frittata recipe! It’s made with plenty of eggs, rich bacon, vibrant brightly flavored tomatoes, fresh spinach and mushrooms. What more could you want for breakfast?
- 8 oz. bacon, chopped (8 slices)
- 3 oz. fresh spinach, roughly chopped (3 packed cups)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of mushrooms, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil spray a 9 – 10 inch deep pie dish, set aside.
- Place bacon in a 12-inch non-stick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, tossing frequently, until browned and crisp, about 6 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with several layers of paper towels to drain, leave 1 Tbsp rendered bacon fat in a skillet drain and reserve or discard excess.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add spinach, mushrooms and saute just briefly until it has wilted, about 15 – 30 seconds, transfer spinach to plate with bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, onion powder, garlic powder until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste*.
- Add cooked bacon, tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms and toss mixture to distribute ingredients. Pour into prepared pie dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until just set, about 30 – 35 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
- *Season lightly with salt as the bacon will add salt. I only needed about 1/4 tsp salt.
Try it with other mix-ins here’s a few ideas:
- Fresh herbs
- Bell pepper
- Bottled artichokes
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Smoked salmon
- Cooked sausage
- Fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme, basil)
- Feta, cheddar, mozzarella or provolone cheese