Slow cooker meals are incredibly simple and one of the best secrets to consistently eating for weigh control.
These healthy lettuce wraps recipes are filled with tasty combinations of bright sauces, tender meats, and crispy-crunchy vegetables
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sherry or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean chile paste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 30 Boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- Lime wedges (optional)
How to Make It
Combine sugar and salt in a small bowl. Place pork in a large bowl; rub evenly with sugar mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 300°. Place pork on a rack set inside a roasting pan. Place pan in oven; bake 4 hours or until a thermometer registers 210°, basting occasionally with drippings. Remove from oven; let stand 30 minutes. Shred pork with 2 forks.
Combine ginger and next 5 ingredients (through soy sauce), stirring with a whisk. Stir in onions. Reserve half of sauce. Toss shredded pork in remaining half of sauce. Divide pork evenly among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes; drizzle with reserved sauce. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.