Make a batch of these Turkey Meatballs to beat sugar cravings!
Lean ground turkey breast is a great alternative to traditional beef in meatballs, offering high protein for very little fat.
1 pound ground turkey breast*
1/2 cup onions finely chopped
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well with hands.
3. Roll turkey mixture in balls, about 1inch to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, or your preferred size.
4. Place meatballs on baking sheet about 1 inch apart
5. Spray meatballs lightly with canola or olive oil spray.
6. Bake approximately 25-30 minutes or until turkey is cooked through.
Per Serving: Calories: 150; Total Fat: 2 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 116 mg; Sodium: 80 mg; Potassium: 65 mg; Carbohydrate: 3 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugar: 1 g; Protein: 30 g
Nutrition Bonus: Iron: 10 %; Calcium: 4 %; Vit C: 4 %; Vit A: 2%