The easiest Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup of all times.
1 chopped onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
1.5 cups sliced carrots
1.5 cups diced celery
2 chicken breasts
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig oregano
2 bay leaves
8 cups chicken broth
sea salt, pepper
1 cup frozen peas
7 oz egg noodles or any other pasta
(200g) chili (optional – my favorite is “ají amarillo” or “habanero sauce”chopped parsley for garnish
- Add chopped onion, crushed garlic, chopped vegetables, chicken breasts and broth to your slow cooker. Add the herbs just like that or use a herb infuser for easier removal later. Don’t add any salt or pepper at this point, your broth might be seasoned enough.
- Set the slow cooker to 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- 10-15 minutes before serving, remove the chicken breasts and add frozen peas and shirataki noodles “Pasta Zero) (or any other subsritute, no carb pasta) and set on high to cook pasta until al dente. The time will depend on the type of pasta. Anywhere from 7-15 minutes. Keep an eye on it to not overcook.
- Shred the chicken with two forks and once the pasta is cooked add back into the slow cooker. Give it a stir and then give it a try so you can adjust seasoning at this point. This is where you want to add salt and pepper and chili if using to taste.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 925mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8530IU | Vitamin C: 22.4mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 3.3mg