Ground turkey pairs with veggies, herbs, and spices to amp up the flavor, and bring a healthier twist on this comfort food classic.
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute OR two egg whites
- 1/4 cup yellow onions minced
- 1/4 cup carrots peeled and shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh red pepper seeded and diced
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Tomato Ginger Chutney
- 1 ¼ pound fresh tomatoes cored and diced (about 2-3 medium tomatoes)
- 3/4 cup fresh red pepper seeded and diced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 2 ¼ teaspoons whole mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper hot
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except chutney; mix until well blended (do not overmix). Shape into an oblong loaf.
- Lightly coat a roasting pan with cooking spray (one with low sides is best). Put loaf in pan.
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (about 45 minutes to 1 hour). Let rest in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Cut meatloaf into 6 slices. Top each portion with 2 tablespoons tomato ginger chutney to serve.
Tomato Ginger Chutney
- In stockpot over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients. Cook, stirring often, until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Simmer, stirring often, until mixture is reduced by 70% and coats the back of a spoon, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Cool.
- Keep chilled until ready to use.
|Calories 34, Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 470mg, Total Carb 45g, |
Fiber 3g, Protein 20g.