This vegan eggplant recipe stuffed with a mixture of lightly seasoned cauliflower rice, sautéed mushrooms, and other vegetables. It’s easy to make! Don’t limit yourself to the vegetables for the stuffing – any vegetables will work!
- 4 eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower rice, cooked
- 4 mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tomato
For the Topping:
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Black olives
- Fresh thyme and oregano
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the eggplants in half, leaving the tops on and score the surface of the flesh with a knife.
- Place face-up on a baking tray up, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Gently saute the onions, garlic, mushrooms, all other vegetables, and cauliflowlover rice until golden brown.
- Remove the flesh from the roasted eggplants and stuff with vegetable mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil, return to oven for a final five minutes, until crispy brown.
- Sprinkle with toppings to your liking and serve warm.
How do you make cauliflower rice from scratch?
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks, including the cores.
- Place into a food processor.
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles the texture of rice. Work in batches, if necessary, and be careful not to over-process or it’ll get mushy. If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower with a box grater.