This omelet is an excellent source of protein and includes squash, which is generally a well-tolerated vegetable. Cheddar cheese can be substituted for another flavor of cheese, or lactose free cheese for those who are lactose intolerant. Yield: Two 2-egg omelets
- 2/3 cup sliced summer squash
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh zucchini
- 2 Tbsp. oil, divided or use 0 cal oil spray
- 4 eggs, beaten, divided (may substitute 2 egg whites for each egg if needed for lower fat intake)
- 2 slices white cheddar cheese (use reduced fat cheese if experiencing fat intolerance or any flavor cheese of choice)
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in omelet pan over medium heat.
2. Sauté zucchini and squash in oil for 4-5 minutes until tender.
3. Remove vegetables and keep warm.
4. Add additional Tbsp. oil to warm pan. Add two beaten eggs and half of the vegetables. Flip and cook thoroughly. Fold in half and top with 1 slice of white cheddar cheese.
5. Make second omelet with remaining ingredients.
Nice idea, and recipes!
Thank you! It is taste good and a healthy chose for a breakfast.